What does a 21st Century Classroom look like? About ten minutes before lunch today, I looked around my classroom. I grabbed a pen and paper and walked around the room recording what students were doing.
- Three students sitting at a laptop using Audacity to edit a podcast they made for literature circles.
- Two students adding titles and descriptions to Morpheus Fortuna's Flickr page.
- A student typing his blog entry on "What is Project S.C.A.T.?" (Stop Contamination at Trinity)
- Three students quietly reading newspaper articles to research for Project S.C.A.T.
- Two students using laptops to research the history of the Trinity site (taking notes in Microsoft Word.)
- Two students looking up Trinity stock prices on Yahoo Finance and recording in a table on a wiki page.
- Three students down the hall using an iPod and Tune Talk to record an interview with a teacher whose father died from asbestos exposure.
- Two students sorting through printed material and dispersing to students according to topic.
- Two students researching the chemicals Trinity dumped on our school's neighboring lot.
- Four students using laptops to research and record websites and small blurbs on a wikipage
- Two students saving pictures to network folder
Do you think that's what a 21st Century classroom is supposed to look like?